ACCESS STATEMENT FOR CHERRIES GUEST HOUSE
Cherries extends a warm welcome to all our guests. We are a two storey 6 bedroom building with all guest bedrooms situated on the first floor. Because of the nature of the layout of our house we are unable to install either a lift or stair lift. Therefore, unfortunately we are not suitable for those with impaired mobility (unable to manage stairs).
- The local bus and train stations are within a 5 minute walk. By prior arrangement we are able to collect guests from either station or to drop them off when returning home.
- There is a taxi firm which is based at the train station (Radio Taxis (01723 515333 or 515515) we can make a booking if required.
- We have a website ‘cherriesfiley.co.uk’. There is an email facility on the website.
- You can contact us by phone (01723 513299) or mobile (077900 46795) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by text (mobile number). We do not have a fax machine.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival at the house there is a single gate sized opening and a short flagged footpath (3.3 metres long) leading to the porch. There is a single step (16cm) leading into the porch. The porch is less than 1 metre wide and leads to the front door.
- Cars may be parked on either West Avenue or Brooklands, which is the road running down the side of the house. Parking restrictions on West Avenue apply from 21 March until 30 September. During this period you can only park on the South side of West Avenue (the side on which Cherries is located) between 6.00pm and 10.00am. From 1 October to 20 March you may park on either side of West Avenue providing you are not parked on Double yellow lines.
- We will assist guests with their luggage.
- Filey town centre is only a short (3 minute) walk on flat pavements.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door has one step (4 cm) which leads into the hallway/reception area.
- There is a door bell situated by the right hand side of the front door.
- The porch doors are white UPVC and 1.2 metres wide. The front door is wooden and is 88 cm wide.
- The entrance hallway/reception area is 3 metres wide and there are 3 chairs available for use. The hallway floor is made of wood and has a non-slip door mat and two non-slip rugs placed upon it.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Situated off the hallway is the Lounge and Dining Room. There is no public WC downstairs.
- At the far end of the hallway is a bar, where alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks may be purchased.
- The staircase leading up to the first floor guest bedrooms is opposite the lounge door.
- There are 6 stairs to a small landing, after turning to the left there are another 4 stairs to another small landing. After turning left again there are 7 final stairs leading to the first floor.
- The stairs are 90 cm wide, 17 cm high and 27 cm deep. The stairs and landings are carpeted.
Dining Room & Lounge
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor and is accessed from the hallway.
- The furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Menus are not printed in large print or Braille, but a verbal summary of the menu can be given if required.
- The lounge may be used by residents at any time.
- There is a 3 seater and a 2 seater sofa, plus an armchair in the lounge. There is also a glass topped coffee table in the centre of the room.
- A Laundry service is not normally available, but special arrangements can be made at an agreed price.
- Not available, but the town centre is only a short walk away.
- All guest bedrooms are situated on the first floor. The door width for all bedrooms is 79 cm. All bedrooms have ensuite shower rooms the door width into the ensuite rooms are 74 cm. Each room has a short pile fitted carpet and a combination of a standard size double bed and or a standard size single bed.
- Other facilities in the rooms include: Television, Clock/Radio/Alarm, Hairdryer, kettle and complimentary tray featuring: coffee, tea, herbal teas, hot chocolate. Fresh milk is also provided daily in a small flask.
- There is a good contrast in décor in all rooms.
Grounds and Gardens
- The outside of the house has very limited space. There is a small front garden which faces onto West Avenue. There are two small garden tables and four chairs available for use.
- The garden is laid with small stones/gravel and a flagged footpath. There is a selection of potted plants and shrubs. The boundary of the property is fronted by a brick and decorative block wall and has a small hedge at the back of it.
- The front of the house is illuminated at night.