ACCESS STATEMENT FOR CHERRIES HOLIDAY HOME
John and Maria extend a warm welcome to all our guests. We are a two storey 6 bedroom building with all bedrooms situated on the first floor. Because of the nature of the layout of our house we are unable to install either a lift or stair lift. Therefore, unfortunately we are not suitable for those with impaired mobility (unable to manage stairs).
- The local bus and train stations are within a 5 minute walk. There is a taxi firm which is based at the train station (Radio Taxis (01723 515515). We have a website ‘cherriesfiley.co.uk’. There is an email facility on the website.
- You can contact us by mobile phone - 077900 46795 by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by text (mobile number). We do not have a fax machine.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival at the house there is a single gate sized opening and a short flagged footpath (3.3 metres long) leading to the porch. There is a single step (16cm) leading into the porch. The porch is less than 1 metre wide and leads to the front door.
- Cars may be parked on either West Avenue or Brooklands, which is the road running down the side of the house. Parking restrictions on West Avenue apply from 21 March until 30 September. During this period you can only park on the South side of West Avenue (the side on which Cherries is located) between 6.00pm and 10.00am. From 1 October to 20 March you may park on either side of West Avenue providing you are not parked on Double yellow lines. There is parking for one medium sized family car at the side of the house on a concrete area. However, as the area is quite compact, care must be taken when parking on this area. We accept no liability what-so-ever for loss or damage to any vehicles parked on or near the property.
- Filey town centre is only a short (3 minute) walk on flat pavements.
- The front door has one step (4 cm) which leads into the hallway.
- The porch doors are white UPVC and 1.2 metres wide. The front door is wooden and is 88 cm wide.
- The entrance hall area is 3 metres wide and there is a chair available for use. The hallway floor is made of wood and has a non-slip door mat and two non-slip rugs placed upon it.
- Situated off the hallway is the Sitting Room, Dining Room, Laundry Room and Kitchen. The staircase leading up to the first floor guest bedrooms is opposite the lounge door.
- The staircase is quite gentle, there are 6 stairs to a small landing, after turning to the left there are another 4 stairs to another small landing. After turning left again there are 7 final stairs leading to the first floor.
- The stairs are 90 cm wide, 17 cm high and 27 cm deep. The stairs and landings are carpeted.
- On the other side of the kitchen is a door with a small step (10cm) down into a small lobby. Leading off the lobby is the back door, with access to the yard and the door to the Lounge. The yard is secure and has a lockable gate at one end and a shed at the other. There is a wooden fence separating the property from the house next door.
- In the Lounge is a door to the downstairs bathroom and also a flight of stairs leading to the Den.
- Not available, but the town centre is only a short walk away.
- All bedrooms are situated on the first floor. The door width for all bedrooms is 79 cm. All bedrooms have ensuite shower rooms the door width into the ensuite rooms are 74 cm. Each room has a short pile fitted carpet and a combination of a standard size double bed and or a standard size single bed.
- Other facilities in the rooms include: Television, Clock/Radio/Alarm and Hairdryer.
Grounds and Gardens
- The outside of the house has limited space. There is a small front garden which faces onto West Avenue. There are two small garden tables and four chairs available for use.
- The garden is laid with small stones/gravel and a flagged footpath. There is a selection of potted plants and shrubs. The boundary of the property is fronted by a brick and decorative block wall and has a small hedge at the back of it.
- The front of the house is illuminated at night.